Thursday, December 25, 2008

White Christmas

I had a great view of a White Christmas when I looked out my window this morning. Having a White Christmas is not unusual here. Before moving to Pullman, I had lived on tropical islands for ten straight years and I never missed the snow. I used to do a very small amount of skiing in the winter, but it never really appealed to me. I always preferred golf and a little bit of scuba diving. Tropical islands are more conducive to golf and scuba diving than the winter wonderland that I live in now.

I have taken my car out for a few short trips. Enough to ensure me that the battery is not dead and that I can get around town without too much difficulty. Some of my neighbors have not moved their cars since the snow started falling a few weeks ago. I don't think they will be moving them anytime soon.



Of course, the snow is pretty to look at. These are a few pictures from the apartment complex that I live in. It is a little more pleasant to look at these trees than it is to contemplate digging your car out of a thick blanket of snow.




If you are living someplace without a White Christmas, your welcome to come visit and take as much snow as you like home with you. I've had plenty. I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll stick with the tropical Christmas thanks! But yours is pretty to admire....from afar! Hope it was a great Holiday!