Thursday, February 26, 2009

Coffee Shop Baked Goods

They have really been busting my hump in school over the last few weeks. Between reports, presentations, experiments, homework, quizzes, and projects, I have been spending way more time on school work than I would like to. Thankfully, I will be done with it all in a few months.

I came to campus after an early lunch and stayed in the library until about 5 p.m. I decided to take a dinner break so I went to Subway and got a $5 foot-long. I decided that since I would be going back to the library to finish up a report I am working on, I should stop at Starbucks and grab something with a lot of caffeine to keep me working at peak efficiency.

As I approached the counter, I looked at the selection of baked goods and other food items. My eye was immediately attracted to a sign that advertised "Pot Doughnuts".

Now, I have been told for many years that the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask. Over those same years, experience has told me that this statement isn't 100% accurate, but it is still a pretty good saying.

So when I got to the counter to order my coffee, I asked:

"What's a Pot Doughnut? Is that like a Hash Brownie?"

The coffee-girl gave me a somewhat stunned look and followed my gaze to the sign.

She told me that it was Top Pot Doughnuts, that Top Pot was the name of the company that made them, kind of like a brand name.

I backed up a little bit to change my point of view. Turns out the sign did say "Top Pot Doughnuts", but the "Top" was obscured from my original view point.

I declined to try a doughnut, just to be on the safe side. Anyway, I certainly don't need one.

1 comment:

Pistolmom said...

Hello, please check out:
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com