Saturday, September 20, 2008

Coast Guard versus Cocaine Submarine

A few days ago, there were some stories about the U.S. Coast Guard capturing a fiberglass and steel submarine that was filled with bales of cocaine, 7 tons in all. Can't say that I would ever want to go out to sea on a submarine like this, but apparently it had fuel and navigation capabilities that would have been sufficient to reach the United States from South America. This is a video showing a part of the pursuit and capture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Steve.

Welcome to the Blog world. Thank you for your service. I'm a ex-nuc missle sub guy from the 70's, with two sons on active duty-- one an EMN1 on a fast attack and the other is an Army crypto type.
Good luck with your blog.
Tom B. MM1(SS)

Navy Blue Cougar said...

Thanks a lot Tom. I appreciate the warm welcome. I was mostly a fast attack guy myself, but I did do a few years on a boomer back in the early 90's. I would also like to thank you and your two sons for your service. I gotta say, it feels pretty good to have passed the torch on to the younger guys.