Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Headline News

I just got home from work and thought I would like to see some election coverage. The local news hasn't started yet. I prefer not to watch election returns on MSNBC or FOX. I figured headline news on CNN would have some good coverage. I looked on the guide and saw that Prime News is on and thought that would be a good place to watch. After all, the description for Prime News is:


"The days top stories, as compiled by CNN's news-gathering unit, are presented."

I tune into to headline news and what kind of coverage do they have? If you guessed that they would be having an in-depth discussion of whether or not Anna Nicole Smith was high on drugs in the so-called Clown Video that was shot in 2005 or 2006, then you are obviously much more in touch with the pulse of CNN than I am.

CNN, you suck.

Guess I will have to stay up and watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report if I want to see something resembling real news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you were watching HLN not CNN. Sounds like the description in your guide needs updating (HLN has changed in prime time from a rotating headline channel to more of a watercooler story news type of channel... "News and Views" they call it). Over on CNN it looked like their election coverage was pretty extensive, at least the stuff I saw at 8pm during Campbell Brown's show.

Anonymous said...

Just re-read your post... looks like you KNEW you were watching HLN but you were mad because the guide was misleading.

Navy Blue Cougar said...

Yeah. Truth is I was just kind of grumpy.